Serve your community with AmeriCorps as a Camp Counselor for the City of Williamsport
- Play a significant role in the daily operations of the City of Williamsport Recreation Department’s city-wide summer day camp.
- Create and implement programming and recreational activities as it relates to healthy futures topics, such as nutrition/healthy eating, positive behavior, conflict resolution, mental and emotional wellness, and the like.
- Be a mentor and positive role model to campers, promoting safety and actively engaging in all camp activities. The AmeriCorps member will encourage a safe and fun learning environment for all campers, as well as ensure that all camp rules, regulations, and policies are being followed.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle or transportation;
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification;
- Ability to exhibit characteristics of adaptability, leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, and integrity, as well as display a positive attitude every day;
- Ability to communicate effectively in both one-on-one and group settings;
- Ability to be a team player;
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, and lift up to 30lbs for a portion of the workday;
- Ability to withstand outdoor weather while being exposed to various climatic conditions; and,
- Qualify for appropriate clearances.