HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR (PAID)Student will be overseen by the Service Manager unless otherwise designated and will be working with advanced technicians.
OBJECTIVE: The work-study internship is for high school students to get a hands-on education learning about ag. equipment and diesel technology. We provide our interns with an experience in the industry before they make a commitment and investment into an Agricultural Equipment maintenance & technology education and career. Interns will receive on-the-job training alongside full-time Service Technician mentors while being paid.
WHO: High school seniors enrolled in a diesel technology/heavy equipment maintenance vocational curriculum. Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
WHEN: During the student’s senior year. Schedule will depend on the vocational school. Example schedule: 4 days per week, 5 hours per day. Students are generally expected to attend vocational class 1 day per week.
OVERVIEW AND PROGRAM GOALS: LandPro Equipment’s work-study students will experience working and learning alongside a LandPro Technician who is among the best in the industry. Interns will be exposed to precision farming technology, John Deere diagnostics programs, electronically-controlled engines, state-of-the-art hydraulics, and more. The goal of our intern program is to develop future diesel service technicians who possess the skills necessary to serve our farming industry. Our work-study interns are each assigned a mentor who is knowledgeable in the company and an expert in the field of diesel technology.
LandPro Equipment’s work-study internship has many benefits to students and has the potential to set them up for a successful, lucrative, lifelong career as a diesel service technician. Through this experience, students can expect to:
- Develop an understanding of service department operations while being a part of a great team, in a safe and fun work environment
- Shadow an assigned mentor to understand more about the roles and responsibilities within the LandPro Service Department
- Assist technicians with repairing, servicing, setting up, and moving equipment
- Receive training on all of LandPro’s equipment lines
- Get entry-level training as a diesel service technician
Upon completion of the Intern work-study program students will be able to:
- Have learned the foundational skills of a technician and be ready to continue training with JD Cores
- Have developed an understanding of labor performance, efficiency, and productivity
- Earn a potential opportunity in a full-time career as a LandPro Equipment Technician or continue education
- Account for billable hours and materials
- Clearly and concisely communicate diagnostic findings and recommended repairs to the customer