Co-opGeisinger - EVS Co-Op (Nonclinical)Back To List
Environmental Services Technician (Co-Op for High School Students) - Central Region
*The co-op program is an educational work experience for high school students. Students will gain work experience and receive school credit (numeric grade) towards graduation.
Environmental Services Technicians performs a variety of healthcare environmental services (EVS) duties to enhance the healthcare environment by maintaining the location assigned. Follows special healthcare cleaning and trash handling techniques as required, ensuring professional and appropriate service standards while performing the job. Ensures the very best patient/family/ customer experience by optimizing all customer interactions.
- Cleans and disinfects patient and non-patient facing areas, departments and spaces.
- Handles various waste streams to include but not limited to; municipal waste and recyclable waste.
- Wears standard personal protective equipment as required.
- Follows procedures for the proper use of hospital approved products utilized in the cleaning and disinfection processes.
- Places the appropriate signage in an area to indicate cleaning is occurring and floor is wet to reduce the risk of falls.
- Reports identified facility repairs as directed or observed, according to current established policy or procedure.
- Utilizes mobile technology to ensure compliance with bed management procedures and other environmental services functions that are performed daily.
- Performs detailed cleaning to include but not limited to; high dusting, walls, ceilings, tracks, vents and lights.
- Collects soiled linen and transports to hospital staging area for vendor pickup as applicable.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Infection Control; Disease Management; Healthcare Regulatory Environment; Team Player; Communication Skills; Spill Management
To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.geisinger.org/evs
Departments Environmental Health and Safety,
IndustryHealthcare / Health Science
Age/ Grade Requirements16-18
AvailableAug 22, 2022 - Apr 15, 2023